Industry Experience & Specializations
- Higher Education
- New & Mid-level Managers
- M.P.A. University of Baltimore
- B.A. University of Maryland
- Crucial Conversations®
- Strength Deployment Inventory®
- Leadership Coaching Certification Program, MSBCoaching Institute
Patty Marbury is the Director of Training and Development for Finance at the University of Virginia. She began her career with UVA in 2000 as an instructional designer and training specialist and then spent 12 years with Human Resources, prior to joining UVA Finance in 2015. She currently leads the team for Finance training across the University, as well as providing leadership as the Training and Organizational Readiness Lead for the Finance Strategic Transformation Project. Patty has been a coach with MSBCoach since 2014, and especially likes working with new and mid-level managers, but has experience with leaders at all levels in all industries. She is an experienced trainer and facilitator and is certified in Crucial Conversations and the Strength Deployment Inventory (SDI), and has designed and facilitated leadership programs as well as many other sessions on specific leadership topics, including Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. Patty has a B.A. in Government and Politics from the University of Maryland and an MPA from the University of Baltimore.
Patty is married to husband Tony, and they are the proud parents of two daughters, Emily, who graduated from the Virginia Military Institute in 2017 and was a goalkeeper and captain of the women’s soccer team, and is now pursuing a master's degree in Clinical Psychology at the University of Central Florida, and Natalie, a junior at Virginia Tech, who is pursuing a degree in Wildlife Conservation.
- Organizational Development, University of Virginia
- Instructional Design, Integrated System Project, University of Virginia
- Manager for systems and technical training, developing curriculum and online training, University of Virginia
- helped establish Center for Leadership Excellence, University of Virginia
- Comprehensive Learning and Career Development Program for finance professionals, UVA Finance