New Leadership Position coaching is a 6-month coaching process that sets new leaders in position to succeed. According to The Center for Creative Leadership, 70% of new leaders fail in their new positions. There are several reasons for this failure, from the inability to move from star performer to star leader, to the inability to adapt to a new culture (when coming from another organization or department). New Leadership Position coaching gives the new leader a coach that will support them to:
- Learn and adapt to a new environment and culture
- Recognize and address challenges of moving from star performer to star leader
- Strengthen and reinforce required leadership competencies
- Identify and implement “quick wins” to build confidence, credibility, and influence
- Have a strategic thinking partner, sounding board, challenger and encourager
Participants in New Leadership Position coaching will meet with their coach twice a month and have unlimited email support. Quarterly joint sessions with their leader and their coach are also recommended.